- RSS Channel Showcase 3051400
- RSS Channel Showcase 2241130
- RSS Channel Showcase 9126666
- RSS Channel Showcase 1909315
Articles on this Page
- 01/14/16--10:22: _Three people seriou...
- 04/07/16--12:24: _Investigation launc...
- 02/10/17--14:23: _Freedom granted to ...
- 02/10/17--15:27: _Schizophrenia: What...
- 09/21/17--19:39: _Students in norther...
- 12/12/17--00:10: _Greyhound calls for...
- 02/21/18--17:28: _Greyhound cutting s...
- 07/09/18--11:21: _Greyhound Canada ca...
- 07/09/18--13:31: _‘I’m horrified’: re...
- 07/10/18--11:33: _Could Greyhound hav...
- 07/10/18--15:33: _Province looking at...
- 07/11/18--06:12: _The Big Story: The ...
- 07/11/18--11:35: _‘Devastating’ Greyh...
- 07/12/18--05:10: _Package delivery fi...
- 07/12/18--11:53: _Trevena says option...
- 07/13/18--10:30: _2008 beheading on G...
- 07/19/18--12:48: _NDP wants transport...
- 07/20/18--11:48: _How subsidies helpe...
- 08/30/18--15:14: _At least four kille...
- 09/12/18--16:54: _Lillooet mayor hope...
- 01/14/16--10:22: Three people seriously hurt in Greyhound bus crash in BC Interior
- 04/07/16--12:24: Investigation launched after teen girls kicked off bus at Valemount
- 02/10/17--14:23: Freedom granted to man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus
- 09/21/17--19:39: Students in northern BC worried about proposed Greyhound cuts
- 12/12/17--00:10: Greyhound calls for BC solution to remote transportation challenges
- 02/21/18--17:28: Greyhound cutting several routes across BC
- 07/10/18--11:33: Could Greyhound have done more to keep buses running?
- 07/11/18--06:12: The Big Story: The wheels come off in the West
- 07/20/18--11:48: How subsidies helped save bus service in Washington state
- 08/30/18--15:14: At least four killed in New Mexico bus crash
Three people have been taken to hospital after a crash involving a Greyhound bus travelling to Prince George from Kamloops. There were eight passengers, plus the driver on board.
The post Three people seriously hurt in Greyhound bus crash in BC Interior appeared first on NEWS 1130.
BC's transportation minister says it's unacceptable two young girls were left at a remote gas station near the highway by a bus driver over the weekend.
The post Investigation launched after teen girls kicked off bus at Valemount appeared first on NEWS 1130.
A man, formerly known as Vince Li, who was found not criminally responsible for beheading and cannibalizing a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba.
The post Freedom granted to man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus appeared first on NEWS 1130.
The move means Will Baker, formerly known as Vince Li, is no longer subject to any monitoring.
The post Schizophrenia: What the experts say as Greyhound bus beheader wins release appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Without bus service to their hometowns, many students might not be able to go home as often as they want. The cuts are due to plunging ridership.
The post Students in northern BC worried about proposed Greyhound cuts appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Four months after making a request to the B.C. Transportation Board to drop several routes, Greyhound Canada believes it has the solution to save inter-city bus service in rural areas.
The post Greyhound calls for BC solution to remote transportation challenges appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Greyhound is also allowed to eliminate seven routes in the province effective June 1st, in a bid to address a 51 per cent drop in ridership. Routes, including Vancouver to Victoria and Vancouver to Whistler, will also stop running at the end of May.
Greyhound Canada says it is ending its passenger bus and freight services in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and cancelling all but one route in B.C. a U.S.-run service between Vancouver and Seattle.
The post Greyhound Canada cancelling all BC routes but one, no more prairie services appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Sue McKortoff is the mayor of Osoyoos. She says this will have a massive impact on rural communities and smaller cities and towns like hers.
The post ‘I’m horrified’: reaction pours in to Greyhound service cancellations appeared first on NEWS 1130.
At the end of October, Greyhound will cut all routes in BC except one. A business expert says the bus industry is in a time of transition and government subsidies can be a slippery slope.
The post Could Greyhound have done more to keep buses running? appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Transportation Minister Claire Trevena says the B.C. Government is looking into a variety of options ahead of the October 31st deadline.
The post Province looking at how to fill the gap as Greyhound leaves western Canada appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Greyhound buses have been an essential part of transportation in the prairies for nearly a century, but that ends November 1st.
Charities, including the Union Gospel Mission, are fearful of the impact this could have on the poor, the homeless, and those fleeing family violence.
The post ‘Devastating’ Greyhound cuts could put vulnerable people at risk: UGM appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Package delivery firms say they are prepared to fill the gap when Greyhound Canada closes most of its Western Canada operations this fall.
The post Package delivery firms get ready to fill gap as Greyhound leaves Western Canada appeared first on NEWS 1130.
BC Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Claire Trevena says talks with other ministers were "positive and productive."
The post Trevena says options ‘limited’; looks to feds for support on Greyhound cuts appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Saskatchewan shut down the government-owned STC in last year's austerity budget due to what it said was a consistent drop in people taking the bus.
The post 2008 beheading on Greyhound bus cited for drop in Saskatchewan bus ridership appeared first on NEWS 1130.
The NDP is calling on the feds to lay out its plan to help communities that will be affected by the shutdown of Greyhound bus services in western Canada.
The post NDP wants transport minister to spell out plan to replace Greyhound service appeared first on NEWS 1130.
As B.C. mulls over how to address the incoming cuts to Greyhound bus routes, a transportation expert in Washington state is offering up a solution.
The post How subsidies helped save bus service in Washington state appeared first on NEWS 1130.
New Mexico authorities say multiple people have been killed in a crash involving a commercial passenger bus and semi-truck along Interstate 40.
Sixteen years after losing passenger rail service through her town, the mayor of Lillooet is holding out hope it will soon be restored.
The post Lillooet mayor hopeful following UBCM vote in favour of rail feasibility study appeared first on NEWS 1130.